Capstans have been around for millennia in various forms, so when we finally decided to make a range of capstans we really had our work cut out for us! After all there are plenty of companies the world over who make these load pullers, what advantages could we offer?
- Knurling. Our HDC capstans are machined (not cast) from 6160 T6 aluminium billet and anodised in a hard black. Machining our heads gives us the opportunity to fine tune the knurling to our preferred design without the intense polishing necessary for a smooth finish on cast stainless capstans. As a result our knurling is wide and offers plenty of grip but will not damage your rope or corrode over time.
- Seat Plate. The HDC seat plate features a bearing in the the design, this keeps to keep the axis above the gunnel, reducing wear on the transmission and allows the shaft to retain more strength.
- Large Head. The HDC can easily accompany 3 wraps of rope up to 22mm.
- High Speed. Average Retrieval rate is 30m p/m.
- More Power. The HDC features a 1000w motor, although this unit only draws 55 amps pulling the average pot, having a 1000w motor as standard allows plenty of grunt for those just-in-case moments.
- Australian Manufacturing & QC. This unit is designed and all structural components are manufactured in Australia.
- Marine Rated outputs. As with the GX Series winches, the transmissions on the HDC is Made in Italy (not Chitaly) and features marine rated outputs. Even after many years of use the unit can be rebuilt, not re-bought.
- Suitable for gunnels from 3-40mm.
- Includes foot switch, MP Circuit Breaker, & 2 sets of mounting hardware for varying mounting surface thickness.
- HDC Capstans feature a 3 Year Unconditional Warranty for Recreational Use.